Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Horizon Kompact Panoramic Camera

Hmmm...I'm considering saving my loonies for this camera. It's a nice little simple camera to get into taking panoramic shots. It's all mechanical...no electronics. Single aperture of f8, and just two shutter speed settings: day and night. A really simple camera. It looks like it's mostly made out of plastic so I wonder how long it'll last. You can opt for the scaled up version with a full range of aperture and speed settings, but at double the price.

There's some interesting photos on the web including these on I found by searching flickr for "horizon kompact".

I'm not sure I'm into the lomography culture...it seems like it's mostly hype and sells some pretty cheap looking cameras for fairly high prices. Then again, it really doesn't matter what kind of camera you use as long as you're taking pictures and having fun, right ?

I'll keep checking out prices for these and keep an eye out on ebay...maybe I'll luck out and get a good deal on one. For now though...the loonies will have to go towards a new scanner.

No comments: