Monday, February 08, 2010

My horoscope didn't say anything about this...

Thursday Feb 4, 2010 is going to be etched in my memory as one of the toughest days of my life so far. If ever there was a day where it didn't pay to get out of bed, this was it.

I needed to do laundry because I needed some decent business clothes for some meetings in Toronto so I got up early and went to the 24hr laundromat. I brought my laptop with me to do work while I was waiting. After laundry was done, I went home and decided to stay there and work until lunchtime before going into the office. I had a hard time concentrating so at around 10:30am I decided to pack up the car, drive into work, and then head to Toronto straight after I was done work.

At around 11am, I was driving south along Bagot St. through the intersection when a guy ran his red light coming east down Princess St. and t-boned me. My car spun around, stalled, and then rolled backwards into the building of the Shoppers Drugmart.

Here's what my car looked like after it was all said and done:







I even made the evening news in Kingston.

If the resolution was a little better you could see me talking to the cops and firemen. The guy who hit me got a ticket for running a red light.

I got a little sentimental when I saw my car get taken away on a flatbed tow truck. I felt incredibly lucky not to be hurt physically, and that no-one else got hurt. That was my first car and I had it for 10 years. I have a lot of good memories associated with it. I knew it was time for a new car, but I didn't want it to happen like this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Damn man, hope everything's ok with YOU. Cars can always be replaced...