Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Around Manila

Hanging about Manila was neat. It's bigger than Cebu so there's lots more to do. I spent my time hanging out with Aimee and her friend Ingle. Ingle and his brothers run a few very successful metal working businesses around the area. Ingle's shop mainly makes stainless steel hand railings for malls and other commercial buildings. Al mainly deals with steel. Louie was pretty involved with the Mall of Asia building and got the steel globe built at the front of the mall.

I got a little exercise in practicing with JP's flag football team. I put in a little time at quarterback. My arm's still good...the speed and accuracy were there. I was a little rusty at playing the position and getting the ball to the open receiver though...it's been a few years since the Mudbowl days.

We tried going to the World Pyro Olympics at the Mall of Asia, but were stuck in stop and go traffic for 3 hours before we decided to turn around and go watch a movie. If you're thinking about watching Eragon...don't bother, it's pretty bad.

I did a bit of shopping in some of the cheaper bazaar areas like Greenhills. I saw some neat t-shirts but the filipino "large" size is a little tight on me...really shows of my beer belly. I did manage to find a couple nice ones at the XL size. Clothes are pretty cheap here compared to Canada...nice jeans and shirts for about $10. Good deal...I'll probably go on a shopping spree before I leave. Will have to buy another bag to carry it all too.

Anyways...here are some pictures from around Manila.

Escalators at the Galleria mall:



A strange name for a restaurant, it seems that some clarification was needed:



I've taken to pulling out my camera when stuck in traffic at night. Here are a couple neat abstract shots:



No comments: