Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Tita Gina and San Juan, Batangas

Aimee and I borrowed JP's car and drove down to Bantangas to visit Tita Gina. Driving there was easire than I thought it would be. The map we got helped and the highways from Metro Manila are nice. We had to stop and ask for directions a couple of times, but overall we got there in about 3 hours.

Tita Gina is the youngest girl out of the 9 children in my mom's family. She stayed behind to take care of my mom's parents. She lives by herself now in San Juan. The oldest son, Tito Danding also lives there. We stopped by to say hello as well.

Communication was limited because I don't speak Tagalog and their english isn't that great, but she fed us a lot of food and we caught up a bit. We stayed there for a few hours and then went back to Manila.

Here's Tita Gina and I in front of her house:



An old family friend also stopped by to say hello, but I don't recall her name. Nice lady...she spoke to me in Tagalog and I replied in English. Somehow we understood each other and had a pleasant albeit short conversation.



Tito Danding and his wife with Tita Gina and Aimee:



And the old grammar school that my mom went to:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ramzi, I am th youngest among girls and the neighbour is our first cousin Delia. Anyhow I am enjoying your escapade.
I waited a while for the daily journal .
Take care and keep us posted more
Tita Nating