Monday, May 05, 2008

MBA: First day...

I officially started the MBA program at Queen's today. I wore a suit since they asked everyone to wear "business attire". It's a bit of a switch from the jeans and shirt dress code that I got accustomed to working as an engineer. I guess I'll have to get accustomed to wearing more formal attire from here on in.

There was a pre-program mixer organized through a group on Facebook Saturday night. I got to meet some of my classmates and mingle together. I met most of the rest of the class today...there's 77 of us so it's difficult trying to get to know everyone right off the bat. It's a good group overall...should be a good time getting to know everybody.

Anyways, it seems like this week is going to be a long one. Lots of details to take care of and lots of info. Here's what the schedule looks like:



Pretty busy week! A lot different from undergrad years...everyone's going to be busy for most of the year. I like it...it'll be intense and busy, but I think it'll also be fun.


I'm the oddball in the group as far as computer use is involved. I ended up getting a linux laptop from Dell because I wanted to avoid Windows Vista. In hindsight, I might have saved myself a headache and just buckled into buying a machine with Windows on it. I installed Windows XP using VirtualBox...today was a trial in seeing how it would work. So far so good. I installed Lotus Notes without a problem. I'll see in the coming weeks how the networking and printing will work. I know that there's a version for linux, but I think I'll tackle that if I have some time over the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go MBA speed racer Go !

nice sched rammer ...

glad to see you have at least one free night a week

Lates
F