Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Getting settled...

It's been a couple of weeks since I moved up here to Toronto. My place still needs a bit of work, but I'm slowly getting around to it. I need a couple pieces of furniture still...I've been shopping around different places, but it seems like Ikea still has the best deals around. I think I've finally decided on what to get without spending a fortune.

Work has been good so far. Still in learning mode and feeling a bit like a co-op student again, but hopefully I'll be picking up speed over the next couple of months.

Life in the big city is still as hectic as I remember it. It doesn't seem to matter what time I head home, there's still the traffic jams and idiots driving around. It'll be better once I settle into the rythm of life here and not have so many chores to do after work.

I've started cooking again...I'm having to brush up on my chef skills. I though I might be able to find a local butcher in my neighbourhood, but so far haven't come across any.

I still haven't found a gym nearby yet...squash courts will be a must I think. Other things to check out are the North York Library, Sheridan College courses, and Johnny's burgers.

No comments: