Sunday, April 13, 2008

In bad taste...

I follow politics fairly closely and I've tried to avoid getting too political on this blog. I recently browsed through the website of the Conservative Party and found this:

notaleader.ca

I find this distasteful, lacking originality, and an example of poor leadership.

Devoting a whole website to criticize and make fun of a person is something that losers do. It also shows poor sportsmanship and lacks class.

Any monkey can criticize (I'm doing it right now). I don't understand how this sort of stuff attracts people to your point of view. Using the same bad picture for Stephane Dion over and over also shows laziness and a lack of creativity. The dog blog isn't even remotely funny.

I agree that Stephane Dion and the Liberal party have been disappointing thus far, but this sort of thing shouldn't be tolerated for very long. Trashing somebody else isn't good leadership. Coming up with a coherent and thoughtful vision for Canada's future and getting the voting public to buy into that vision is true leadership. So far, I don't see any of that in any of our political parties.

No comments: