Sunday, November 26, 2006

Around Cebu

I was kind of bored on Thursday, so I decided to go for a long walk around town. I ended up walking from Jon's place in Mandaue (man-dah-way) all the way to Mactan Island with the goal of making it to the Lapu Lapu monument. The last time I was there was 20 years ago, so I wanted to check it out. All in all, I ended up walking around 10km. I didn't make it all the way to the monument because the sun was already about to set and I was wooped. I hired a taxi to get me there.

The views along the walk were nice especially these from the bridge:





The jeepney conductor on the last one got off and put a block behind the wheel of the car to stop it from rolling backwards then walked over to check out the view. I ended up walking past them about 4 times total...there was some traffic on the bridge.

Here are some shots of the Lapu Lapu monument after I finally got there.





Lapu Lapu is a national hero and was the first native of the islands to resist the spanish colonialization. The monument itself was nice, but different that I remembered it...I thought there was more of a beach area around the place, but it's pretty developed. Yet again, a place can change a lot in 20 years.

No comments: