Tuesday, November 28, 2006

More from around Cebu City

I've taken to going for walks around the city. I get bored every once in a while so I head out with my camera to see if I can get some good shots.

Yesterday, I made it down to the Santo Nino Church downtown...another one of those spots that I've been to when I was last here. I didn't recognize much of it, apart from the statue of the baby Jesus with dark skin.



After the church, I wondered towards the Carbon Market. The Lonely Planet lists it as a place to check out, but I'd advise against it. It's dirty and smelly; interesting to see, but not exactly the safest place. I was pretty conscious of the people around me when I was walking through there. Here are a couple shots from there:





That looked like a kids pool table, but those guys were pretty serious about it. They were using playing cards as part of the game. Not sure exactly how, but I think each card represents a ball and when you turn up a card you have to sink the ball that it represents. I'm sure there was some money involved somehow.

And in the middle of all that, there was a basketball court too.

I'm not sure what it is, but I haven't been taking many pictures lately. I'm not really focused on the subject like I was in India. Maybe the security of being part of a group there helped me out. Walking around yesterday, I was trying to pay attention to my surroundings rather than relaxing and looking for nice shots. I'll try to get into a groove again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How Ramzi Got His Groove Back....

Dont worry bro' itll come

great pics from India... awesome

F