Thursday, February 01, 2007

Around Hong Kong

Hong Kong is a nice city. Very safe to walk around. I stayed at the Guang Dong hotel in the Tsim Sha Tsui area of Kowloon. Basically, I toured the Kowloon side of the city via the MTR subway system and my feet. I stopped at different areas that my little visitor's guide book suggested and checked them out.

I did go to check out the night life at Lan Kwai Fong on the Hong Kong island. It was smaller than I thought it would be and basically unremarkable from my perspective...just another street with lots of bars. I was tired from walking around all day so I didn't even bother stopping to have a beer.

I thought about going to Lantau island to see the giant Buddha statue and maybe take a cable car ride at Ngong Ping, but I decided to sleep in instead and just relax before checking out at noon and heading to the airport.

I didn't take any pictures on my second day in Hong Kong. So here are some pics from my first day:







No comments: