Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Gummy Bear Project

Inspired by sites like this one about pictures of gummy bears. I decided to do something similar. My digicam, a Canon A520, has a macro setting that allows me to get close. I also had parts of an old minolta manual focus lens that I took apart one day. I played with the inner optics and one of the inner lenses allowed me to go in really close.

I started using an empty styrofoam egg container and different coloured light bulbs, but settled with the regular bulb and a blank sheet of paper. I wanted to build a light tent like this one, but with the bad weather and a driveway blocked with snow made it hard to get out and pick up some tracing paper. I'll save that project for another time.

Anyways, here are a few shots:







I uploaded the rest to an album on my Yahoo Photos account. Have a look here.

Update-- Yahoo Photos is done. Please look at my Flickr album.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very creative stuff, Ramzi! The "Gummy Gangbang" ones are interesting......

Waseem