Sunday, April 29, 2007

The joys of moving

It's a pain. I haven't moved in about 3 years. Luckily, apart from a couple pieces of furniture, most of my stuff is still packed from when I moved home from an apartment in Toronto. The worst part about moving is seeing all the garbage I managed to accumulate and getting rid of it. I can move in small batches over the course of a few weekends though. I'll just need to rent a truck to move the bigger furniture pieces.

I did manage to find an apartment fairly quickly. It has easy access to both the Don Valley Parkway and the Toronto subway train system. The amenities are pretty good...there's a mall right across the street and a grocery store nearby. I just have to find the closest machine for my bank.

The main thing is that I can still abide by my rule of having a 20 minute maximum commute to work and still have easy access to the downtown area without having to drive.

No comments: