Friday, April 20, 2007

More photo editing

I've been exploring different techniques in GIMP and trying different things to make some of my pictures a little more interesting. I'm especially interested in making b&w pics. Some pictures just seem that they would look better in monochrome...especially one of people.

On top of using the techniques I've posted about before, I've been trying square format crops as well and seeing how it changes the feel and look of the picture.

Here's one example:



The original looks ok...nothing spectactular. It could use a little increase in the colour saturation. After editing though...



...there's a whole new look and feel to it. The cow now looks stockier and much more engaging. The picture also has an 'old' feel to it...

I could try some sepia toning too, but I don't think it will affect the picture much.

No comments: