Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Badian

A bunch of my cousin's friends decided to go on a weekend trip down south to Badia. The family of one of the guys have a beach resort there. The four-hour trip there was interesting, but a little long...can't really drive too fast through those windy roads.

A Catergory 1 typhoonblew here the same weekend too. The storm was enough to postpone the ASEAN Summit here until January. Although I think that they used the storm as an excuse because they weren't ready to host it yet. The convention centre is still under construction.

We weren't affected too badly by the weather. It was just gloomy and rainy...cold for the natives, refreshing for me. Andrea's family beach house towards the north of the island got hit hard with really strong winds blowing trees over.

The weather wasn't conducive for being at a beach but it was still a good time. With everyone speaking cebuano most of the time, I pass the time having a one sided conversation with a bottle of Tanduay rum. We brought food with us and the people at the resort did an excellent job of cooking it up. We also bought some really fresh fish off of some fishermen who were paddling by.

We were supposed to go check out the Kawasan falls in the area, but the weather was still bad and there was no point to trekking in the mud and rain to get there. We might head back down some other time to check it out.

Unfortunately, my digicam doesn't work too well in the rain and all my batteries were drained. It was a shame because I wanted to get some shots of pigs getting transported in tricycles here. Really unique ! If I see any down the road, I'll make sure I get a picture.

No comments: