Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Beach on Mactan Island

I met a guy here at the kiwi lodge from BC who's a snowboarder. It turns out that he's good buddies with Paul Horton, who's out there in an effort to make the olympic team for boardercross. I tried emailing Paul about it, but the address I have for him didn't work. If any of you are in touch with Paul...please tell him I met "toaster" here in Cebu.

Anyway...Toaster, Andrea, and I went to the Portofino beach resort on Mactan island to hang out there for the day. The place turned out to be a pain in the ass to get to partly because the cab driver didn't know where it was. It was a small beach...nothing spectacular, but it was nice to sit there, have a San Miguel Light, and chill out for a bit.

The weather wasn't that great. It had rained in the morning and the sun was struggling to poke through the clouds, but it was still nice. Here are some shots of sand, dead jellyfish, and the beach area:







There was a hobbie catameran lying there at the resort. I thought about taking it out, but it looked like it hadn't been used in a while. If I had another beer, I probably would have taken it out, but the service was poor and I never got to order another drink.

We had lunch afterwards at a bar called MB's Tavern. Apperently it's another popular hangout for expats here. It was started by a german...the schnitzel was good.

I decided to go play basketball with Jon and a bunch of other guys. I was terrible out there: a couple of airballs and some porous defence. I rememebered why I stopped playing though. I was hobbling around for a couple of days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha.. riveting good fun ay... i went to portofino and all i got was these pictures of sand and jellyfish... hehe... hope the company was better!!