Saturday, December 02, 2006

A Taoist Temple in Cebu

Andrea and I went to check out the Taois Temple here in Cebu. I don't know much about Taoism because there wasn't much information about it there and didn't bother asking anyone about it. You can't take pictures of the statues inside the temple either. They did have a poster about some kidney shaped wood blocks that people use to ask a question when they pray. They think about the question and then drop the blocks. How the blocks end up give a yes, no, or maybe answer to the question. Seems a little strange to me, but if it works for the people that believe in it, so be it.

Anyways, I got some nice pictures there. Could have had more, but the batteries in the camera died on me. And the spare ones I was carrying turned out to be dead too. I managed to get a couple of this really cute baby girl there. Have a look:







Photoshops of what the diety for the Macho Temple looks like seems like a fun politically incorrect thing to do here. So far F's been the only one to send me something for the Silliman University mascot...see this one.

Andrea got us lost on the way out of the gated neighbourhood that the temple was in...It was pretty hot walking around there. She's a crazy kiwi girl that I met the first week I was here. Her family owns and runs the Kiwi Lodge here in Cebu. It's close to the centre of the city and the food's pretty good.

2 comments:

The Cebuana Catalyst said...

bugger you, your the one that got us lost, i was just dumb enough to listen to you, i was blinded by the glare reflectin off your head so i couldnt see much. love you long time.

The Cebuana Catalyst said...

silly man.....haha... whata crack up! grandpa silly man huh...