Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thinking ahead...

I've had a lot of time on my hands the last few days so I started thinking a lot about what to do over the coming weeks. Then I started thinking about what I'll do after I get home. Top of the list is looking for work. I have a few ideas but I figured I'd start with posting my resume on here on the blog. The link is now on the top of the blue sidebar.

So if you know anyone who's looking for a Mechanical Engineer with some good design and manufacturing experience, please forward the link to them. Please feel free to pass on the link to this blog as well. So far it looks like I'll be back home in Canada around the first week of February.




Some geeky techie stuff:

I generated the pdf using a handy little tool called CutePDF Writer combined with a GPL licensed postscript converter called Ghostscript. It behaves as another printer on your machine. To generate a pdf of any document, you just select "CutePDF Writer" in the printer list. A dialogue box will come up asking you for the file name.

I stored the file on online file storage site at www.box.net. You get 1GB free by signing up. The upload time depends on your internet connection, but with broadband it's pretty fast. They have deals for more storage, but for sharing small files like documents the free storage size is more than enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ramzi, I have been following on your journal and just finished looking at your very impressive resume. I thought I would mention if you do not know yet about this craigslist.com website. It list all kinds of jobs available in ddifferent cities all over the world.
I am also so proud of you.
Tita Nating